Press & awards
HELIX Ci3 K165.2FM-S3
HELIX COMPOSE. The perfect speaker for any composition.
Born out of the increasingly demanding challenges of modern automobile technology and the HELIX-typical pursuit of intelligent solutions, we made the progressive redesign of proven universal speaker systems our mission. The result: our innovative HELIX COMPOSE platform that, according to the motto "developed inside the vehicle, for the vehicle", combines classic universal speakers with the advantages of vehicle-specific systems. Innovative materials and the latest technologies paired with smart, practical engineering - the best of both worlds in harmony: high efficiency, fantastic sound quality and enormous dynamics that fit in any vehicle. HELIX COMPOSE – universal speakers evolved.
The i3 component systems give you everything you would expect from a great 2-way system: A first-class sound experience that, thanks to the use of high-quality materials and its particularly smart engineering, conveniently finds its way into the automobile. All components harmonize perfectly and form an ideal team with our HELIX and MATCH amplifiers, guaranteeing maximum performance and power output at all times. Furthermore, we implemented our new, mechanical technologies with a clear focus on safety during connection and operation for the purpose of creating ideal conditions for the integration into the vehicle with maximum compatibility.
HELIX COMPOSE equals smart engineering and accordingly implements highly efficient 3 Ohm technology, that perfectly harmonizes with all HELIX and MATCH amplifiers and at the same time allows a clearly perceptible plus in efficiency and maximum sound pressure. Certain models will also be available as an optional 2 Ohm variants, assuring the absolute maximum performance and power of the respective speaker in combination with the appropriate amplifier.
Cenosphere paper cone
With the innovative "Cenosphere" coating, hollow spheres are incorporated into a polyamide layer that is applied to the cone. This process increases the stiffness and also optimizes its internal damping. The result is an exceptionally stable yet lightweight cone that offers outstanding precision in sound reproduction.
High-tech polymer basket
All HELIX COMPOSE i7 and i3 speaker baskets are made of a high-tech polymer composite, which has been additionally reinforced with glass spheres. The result: maximum stability with minimal self-resonance, while also eliminating flux modulation of the magnetic system and maximum resistance to thermal influences. Last but not least, this allows for much more compact basket dimensions and thus simplified installations in cramped installation conditions.
Stunning Highs and outstanding stability
The 0.75” / 20 mm tweeter is equipped with an innovative titan dome that combines outstanding stability with low moving mass and high inner damping as well as enormous thermal resistance - perfectly made for brilliant and compression-free treble reproduction.
Our Ci3 FX-UNI.2 crossover is designed for the ideal use with our HELIX COMPOSE i3 components, and thus for the COMPOSE-typical, professional integration into the vehicle. It offers a 6-stage tweeter level adjustment with 12 dB slope for optimal adaptation to the installation position as well as an integrated tweeter protection. In addition, no effort was spared in the complex tuning of the crossover for the best possible distribution of the frequency band and a harmonious sound image. Thanks to its compact dimensions, the Ci3 FX-UNI.2 is perfectly suited for installation in tight spaces and is furthermore compatible with our COMPOSE Connect and WireKit technologies for a safe and fool-proof connection according to automotive standards.
Kiss tinkering and soldering goodbye. Compose Connect is the sophisticated plug-in connection that considerably simplifies car audio installation in conjunction with HELIX COMPOSE components. Proprietary plastic housings into which standard flat plugs and couplings can be snapped, establish an absolutely safe connection in accordance with automotive standards that prevents any polarity reversal.
FlexMount20 & FlexMount165 – Universal meets car-specific
FlexMount is a mounting system based on specially developed adaptor rings, allowing the installation of COMPOSE FlexMount speakers in an almost infinite number of vehicles. Thus, the universal loudspeaker effortlessly becomes a vehicle-specific loudspeaker, that can be easily installed in the original installation position of the vehicle in an acoustically optimized way with the matching FlexMount adaptor ring.
WireKits – Plug & Play at its best
Our WireKits realize the connection of HELIX COMPOSE speaker kit to the original wiring harness in the most comfortable way. With manufacturing according to the high standards of the automotive industry, these arrestable adaptor cables meet all requirements for the harsh environmental conditions that installers are facing in vehicles every day.
- 2-way performance speaker kit which combines outstanding sound quality with versatile physical integration options
- High efficiency and 3 Ohms technology for maximized power output of the amplifier
- Smart, automotive grade connectors for fail-safe and secure installation – COMPOSE Connect & ProConnect
- 0.75” / 20 mm tweeter with titanium dome for accurate and dynamic treble response
- Highly efficient neodymium magnet for high magnetic flux linearity
- Compact design and various mounting options for numerous installation demands
- Mounting pods for flush mount and angle mount included in delivery
- 6.5" / 165 mm midbass with unique Cenosphere coated paper cone for precise and detailed sound reproduction
- High-tech polymer composite basket reinforced with glass beads for enormous rigidity and minimized ringing
- Powerful magnet system for high efficiency and optimum impulse response
- Polyurethane dustcap for optimized frequency response in the upper midrange area
- Separate, high-grade crossover with compact dimensions for easy integration
- 6-stage tweeter level adjustment with integrated tweeter protection for optimized treble adaptation to mounting position
- Extensively fine-tuned – with 12 dB slope for tweeter
- Designed for optionally available, car-specific WireKits which allow a non-destructive integration
- Designed for the optionally available car-specific FlexMount165 & FlexMount20 adaptors which allow an acoustically optimized and professional integration in the original mounting locations of the vehicle
|Power handling RMS / Max.
|100 / 150 Watts
|60 Hz - 25,000 Hz
|92 dB @ 2.83V / 1m
88 dB @ 1W / 1m
Tweeter: 32.0 mm / 1.26”
Tweeter: 32.0 mm / 1.26”
Tweeter: 9.8 mm / 0.39”
103.3 x 50.4 x 25.0 mm /
|Mechanical Q factor
|Electrical Q factor
|Total Q factor
|Equivalent air volume
|Voice coil diameter
Voice coil winding height
|Max. linear excursion
|+/- 3.2 mm
|Voice coil diameter
Ultra compact, titanium dome, neodymium magnet and FlexMount20
Paper with Cenosphere coating, ProConnect terminal and FlexMount165
Tweeter: 12 dB highpass, protection and level adjustment
Scope of delivery
2 x Tweeter Ci3 T20FM-TI
2 x Midbass Ci3 W165FM-S3
2 x Crossover Ci3 FX-UNI.2
2 x Lowpass cable crossover Ci3 FX-WLP.2
2 x Tweeter mounting accessories
2 x COMPOSE Connect Kit
1 x Mounting material