- HELIX M FOUR DSP has been implemented
- Main – When creating a new sound setup for a device with Virtual Channel Processing, a message box will appear which prompts to choose the desired processing mode
- IO with VCP-devices - A new label called [SubRC] has been added behind the name of the output channels to better indicate which channels are currently assigned to be controlled through a subwoofer remote control. In addition a message box will show up, if a channel is configured as a subwoofer but due to the Virtual Channel Routing not capable to be controlled by a subwoofer remote control
- DCM – A new function called Bridge-Mode has been implemented to further assist the user when bridging amplifier channels of the M FOUR DSP. When activating the Bridge-Mode for an amplifier channel pair the second channel gets deactivated in all configuration screens and all data is automatically linked to the second channel to ensure that both channels are always configured identical.
- HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 – The digital clipping detection of the optical output of a HEC BT or HEC AUX IN module has been deactivated to optimize the digital signal chain to connected amplifiers with SPDIF input.
- Several minor text and label adjustments
- Several minor bug fixes
- ATM – This software version contains the first official release of our proprietary "Automatic Time Measurement" function. Since the first beta test version, the ATM has been continiously improved and enhanced to ensure its operability on most of all applications. The ATM offers now the option to select different input sources (e.g. Digital Input or Extension Card input) for non-VCP devices to enable a measurement through all possible inputs of the DSP. In addition a result page has been added after the measurement process which allows the comparison of the time alignment adjustment 'before' and 'after' the ATM process. The result page will also offer detailed guidance and assistance if a measurement failed. The whole menu has also be updated by several explanations and the ATM function can now be directly started in the Time window
- DCM – A new function called "Device Monitor" has been added. The device monitor is available for all ACO platform enabled products and shows live temperature data within an adjustable time frame as a graph and min/max values. For some specific DSP amplifiers (needs to be equipped with a "Regulated Power Supply" & the "ACO platform" - currently HELIX V EIGHT DSP, HELIX V TWELVE DSP, MATCH M 5DSP MK2) an input voltage monitor is also available which allows to check the stability of the input voltage especially during operation.
- DCM – Remote control functions have been renamed for some devices to have the same naming on all functions through all different DSP products
- DCM / Signal management – A bug in the global main signal detection has been fixed as this funciton could not be activated in some cases
- RTA – Several minor issues have been fixed
- DIRECTOR – In combination with non-ACO platform enabled products, the sound setup selection window could have caused an issue where the sound setup list was not displayed correctly. All issues reletaed to the sound setup selection have been fixed
- MATCH M 5DSP MK2 – fixed a bug where the link function of the InputEQ was not working correctly in some cases
- General – Arrow key control through the keyboard in combination with 0.1 dB steps for the EQ resolution has been optimized
- Several minor bug fixes
- New start launcher has been added - the start window now offers a device info area as well as a new menu bar which gives access to several frequently used functions. The new buttons are offering the following functions (from top to bottom): Refresh connection, Options menu (manual ACO Update, manual driver installation, etc.), Connection switch (WIFI/USB), Change-Log history, keyboard shortcuts map, sound files for the integrated measurement systems, website link
- Main - Advanced Import function has been implemented to import AFPX and REW files. The Advanced Import manager offers various adjustments as well as visualizes the importing data. By selecting the file type you can choose to import REW (.txt) or DSP PC-Tool tuning files (.afpx)
- Main - The Output level graph has been reworked and now shows the outgoing level as RMS and Peak Hold value. The light blue bar will show the RMS value whereas the dark blue bar will show the Peak Hold value. The new Peak Hold value will show the highest output level within a 2 second time window. This will make it much easier to adjust the gain structure properly as it allows to get easier to the maximum unclipped output level. In addition the digit value beside the bar can be toggled between RMS and Peak Hold value by clicking on the small symbols on the right in the digit display.
- Main - The ACO configuration will now also be stored directly when teh SAVE button has been used. After daving the unit can be directly disconnected from power and an additional power cycleis not needed anymore.
- ISA - The Input Signal Analyzer got a new measurement option to measure low frequency high pass filters from factory sound systems between 25 Hz and 200 Hz. The new measurement range can be selected via the drop down menu in the ISA window and is called "Low - 25 Hz to 200 Hz".
- ATM - The official public beta version of "Automatic Time Measurement" has been added. This is a completely new algorythm and function which allows the user to fully automatically set up the time alignment in a car for all speaker channels indepentend if these are active or passive speaker systems. The new function can be accessed by pressing "SHIFT" + "t" in any window. To use the function name ALL inputs and outputs correctly, make sure that a fullrange stereo signal is routed to analog input channels "A & B" or in case of VCP to Virtual Channels "Front Left" and "Front Right" and play the ATM test track from the SoundFiles folder. The microphone needs to be mounted in a fixed position at the the centered head position e.g. mounting the mic to the headrest facing upwords or in a 45° angle to the inner roof. At last make sure that the measurement volume is in the green/good marked area of the microphone level bar and click on the "Start" button. If necessary it is possible to select/unselect specific channels in the table of the new window.
- BRAX DSP DiSAC volume control - New Gain-Offset options have been added for the BRAX DSPs DiSAC protocol have been added to allow a higher analog Gain inside the MX4 PRO by adding a gain offset to the analog signal domain. The option can be found in the BRAX DSP module configuration menu under the "DiSAC Volume Control" drop down menu. Beside the standard option with 0 dB new options with + 3dB, + 6dB and +9dB are available now. The adjustment can be individually configured for each output module.
- ACO Updater - A new advanced ACO update program has been implemented which improves the update stability on slower computers
- File manager - The default load and save directory has been changed to the 'User'/Documents directoy
- Bugfixes - Loading an afpx file into a device which has VCP enabled will now display all Input and Output names on all menus correctly.
- HELIX V EIGHT DSP MK2 - a bug has been fixed which caused all amplified channels to be reversed in polarity. After updating the software it might be necessary to check the polarity settings for the line outputs as these might need to be readjusted to match the correct polarity of the amplifier channels.
- HELIX V EIGHT DSP MK2 - Line output channels I & J we reversed and are now correctly assigned
- HELIX V TWELVE DSP - Class GD amplifier power supply control algorithm has been optimized
- HELIX V TWELVE DSP - fixed a bug in the "ACO Features - ADEP.3 configuration"
- HELIX DSP.3 - fixed a bug which could cause the InputEQ on input channel F to not work properly
- MATCH PP 62DSP - Subwoofer output channel names have been renamed to properly work with the new ATM function
- General - The internal memory slot 2 which gets deactivated in non-ACO products if a DIRECTOR is connected, got now properly renamed to visualize the reason for the deactivation.
- General - ADEP.3 configuration set by default to "2 seconds"
- HELIX V TWELVE DSP has been implemented
- Main - Minimum screen size has been optimized
- Main - A new function to import afpx files across all devices has been implemented.
This function allows to import channel specific tuning information (EQ, highpass, lowpass, gain and channel name) from any afpx-file to the actual loaded profile. To open the import window, select at first the channel where the data should be imported to and then perform a right-click on the same channel button or press the keyboard shortcut "i". Afterwards a new window is opened which shows all available import options.
- IO - A link funtion for the input channels of the InputEQ of ACO-enabled products have been added.
This function allwos to link the Input channels to channel pairs to adjust them simultaneously.
- ISA - Measuring issues caused by a high latency connection to the WIFI CONTROL unit have been solved. In addition a new protection layer for high latency connections have been added.
- Main - The keyboard shortcuts to globally Link/Unlink all channels have been splittet to normal and virtual channels. This allows to use this function individually on normal output channels as on virtuel channels.
- HELIX V EIGHT DSP MK2 has been implemented
- HEC ANALOG In module has been implemented
- HELIX DSP ULTRA - the Input Delay is now working properly
- MAIN - sound setups will now be loaded, even if the file name extension includes capital letters
- MAIN - an issue in the frequency graph selection has been fixed
- WIFI CONTROL - tone control activation will now be properly saved if connected through the WIFI network
- ACO platform - The Update Button for the ACO platform will now only be shown, if an ACO Device is connected
- HELIX DIRECTOR - Improved the connection quality when connected to an ACO device
- HELIX DSP ULTRA has been implemented
- ACO platform - ACO Update has been improved. In addition it is now possible to save all sound setup files at once into one folder during the update process. This function can also be activated manually by clicking on the gear-wheels in the launcher screen.
- ACO platform - A new signed and certified USB driver has been implemented which is installed during setup process of the DSP PC-Tool. This new driver runs on all Windows version starting from Win 7 (32- & 64-Bit) and offers highest possible compatibility and security
- VCP - A completely new concept called “Virtual Channel Processing” has been implemented in the DSP PC-Tool software.
The new VCP concept extends the DSP by additional “Virtual Channels” which behave similar to the known “Output Channels” and are placed between the inputs and the outputs. These “Virtual Channels” make the system design of highly complex configurations easier than before while also adding a lot of new functions to the system as well. Some of these new functions are “Group EQ, Gain & Time” capabilities, freely routable “DSP sound effects”, a new volume control called “Rear Attenuation” and much more.
Further explanations can be found in the instruction manual of the DSP ULTRA, in the DSP PC-Tool itself and as well on our other information channels.
This new function as well as some more detailed information can be found in the DCM menu. The activation of the function is not reversible for each sound setup and can only be set back to default by performing a soft reset via the “Reset All” function in the software.
This feature is actually only available for the DSP ULTRA and will be implemented in selected upcoming products. Due to its high demand on computing power of the DSP and Co-Processor it will not be possible to add this concept to existing products.
- General - Sound Setup Selection window has been reworked. It fits now to the scalable design of all other windows and behaves more intuitive.
- General - The selected menu section is now highlighted in the main menu
- Main / Outputs - The selection of the EQ filter type has been reworked. The selection is now offered as a drop down menu to get a better overview of the available filter types on each EQ band and allow faster access. In addition it is not necessary any more to toggle through all types. Also the number fields of the different filter types have been improved to accept all filled in number formats and decimal separators
- DCM / PC-Tool configuration - A new function called “EQ Band AutoSort” has been implemented which sorts the EQ bands of each channel by frequency. This is very helpful when a lot of parametric EQs with different center frequencies have been used.
- ISA - the Input Signal Analyzer of all ACO enabled products has been further improved and its configuration has been made easier.
- DSP.3 / PP 86DSP / M 5DSP - some wrong texts and channel references have been corrected (only text changes)
- Keyboard Shortcuts - Due to compatibility the “Link / Unlink all” shortcut has been changed from “.” (dot) to “Shift + .” (Shift + dot) and the “Enable/Disable Link Groups” has been changed from “,” (comma) to “Shift + ,” (Shift + comma).
- A huge number of small improvements to the GUI and the Backend have been implemented
- An ACO firmware update is necessary for this DSP PC-Tool Update and will be started automatically after connecting to the DSP
- MATCH M 5DSP MK2 has been implemented
- Input EQ - The "Input Signal Analyzer" has been reworked and offers a new user interface which is related to the IO menu. The input signals on the left side can be moved to the analyzer via drag&drop. A right click will delete the signal from the analyzer. Up to 4 signals can be summed in front of the analyzer to measure their summed response. It is also possible, similar to the IO menu, to change the summing ratio of the signals or changing their polarity by making a double click on one of the signals. In addition a button called "Transfer to:" has been added to transfer the analyzer adjustments to one of the output channels to make the IO configuration easier.
- In addition it is now possible to change the measurement range as well as the measurement steps to improve the measuring speed and to further analyse specific frequency ranges. Nevertheless it is important to reduce also the measurement steps if a narrow frequency range is analyzed to secure the best performance and accuracy.
- Input EQ - A phase graph has been added to the Input Signal Analyzer especially to visualize the use of Allpass filters
- Input EQ - A button has been added to change the scaling of the frequency response chart
- Main - A sporadic issue with the output level bar has been fixed
- Keyboard shortcuts have been added to the closing dialog
- Time Machine - A scroll bar has been added to improve the usability
- Several minor optimizations and bug fixes
- RTA - new function has been added to temporarily store up to 6 frequency measurement curves. The actual measurement curve can be saved to one of the six memory slots by performing a right-click on the specific memory slot. A left-click will show/hide the saved curve. All memories will only be available as long as the software stays opened.
- IO - Input Signal Analyzer has been further optimized.
- ACO Update - The ACO Update procedure has been optimized and further guiding will help to make the update process more easy.
- FX - A new function of the MATCH M 5DSP MK2 was accidentally displayed under the Augmented Bass Processing tab for all ACO products. This channel select function had no function for other products and has now been removed.
- IO - Input signal boxes at the IO window and InputEQ window are now properly scaling with the window size. In addition scroll bars for small screens have been added to be able to properly adjust multi-channel DSPs.
- BRAX DSP - Turn on & Turn off delay can now be configured properly.
- MATCH PP 62DSP / M 5DSP - plug & play subwoofer preset for the new MATCH PP 10E-Q has been added.
- MATCH PP 86DSP - InputEQ for the AUX/MEC slot has been fixed.
- General - A new High-DPI mode has been implemented to further optimize the freely scalable user interface on screens with a higher resolution than FullHD (higher than 1920x1080). This function will also have an influence on the text size (Windows font size scaling) as well.
- Several small bug fixes and improvements.
- No DSP or ACO firmware updates are necessary for this DSP PC-Tool Update
- Big Usability Update
- HELIX DSP.3 has been implemented
- WIFI CONTROL has been implemented
- The DSP PC-Tool launcher has been reworked. It now offers a better overview about all Audiotec Fischer DSP products and some new functions have been added. A new button on the top right corner has been added to refresh the launcher if a connection has been lost or if the software has been opened before connecting the DSP. A switch for changing the communication method (USB or WIFI) has been added. If WIFI is selected some further information about the network and the WIFI CONTROL web application are displayed.
- ACO Platform Update - The ACO platform got several updates which will lead to an automatic ACO Update when launching this new version of the DSP PC-Tool. Please note that all stored data in the DSP will be erased. The device needs to be reprogrammed after the update. Make sure that all volumes in your sound system are turned down to avoid any issues. The ACO platform update needs to be made for BRAX DSP & HELIX DSP MINI. If a DIRECTOR is connect to those devices the DIRECTOR will need an Update to version 2.01 as well.
- General - The gain resolution of the output EQ and the channel Output Gain has been reduced to 0.1 dB steps for all devices. This option can be activated in the DCM menu under the PC-Tool configuration page
- General - a new function called “Time Machine” has been added to the DSP PC-Tool. This function automatically creates time stamps (back-ups) of your actual tuning every minute. These time stamps will be displayed as a time line below the equalizer on the main page. By double clicking on any of the time stamp you can load a copy of the tuning at that time. By doing so the time machine gets stopped and the time machine symbol stops rotating. As long as the time machine is stopped you can switch between all available time stamps. By clicking on the time machine symbol (play symbol) the time machine will restart with the last chosen time stamp. All time stamps which were in advance of the chosen time stamps will be deleted and the time machine will create new time stamps. The time machine function can be enabled in the DCM menu under the DSP PC-Tool configuration tab. Please note that all time stamps will automatically deleted when the DSP PC-Tool software is closed.
- Main - a new key board shortcut has been added which allows to link/unlink all available channels through the click of one button by pressing “.”-key (period-key)
- Main - a new key board shortcut has been added which allows to temporarily deactivate/activate the link groups by pressing the “,”-key (comma-key).
- IO - Output channel names “Subwoofer L” and “Subwoofer R” will now properly activate the phase control of the corresponding channel.
- Time - Delay adjustments while channels are linked in Delay Groups can now be properly configured by arrow keys
- RTA - the microphone measuring algorithm has been reworked. The frequency response chart of the RTA is now even more precisely at all resolutions.
- RTA - a new algorithm for loading microphone calibration data has been implemented which fixes several issues with the format as well as with the data of several cal-files. The files still need to be added to the installation folder of the DPS PC-Tool. The calbiration file loaded symbol does actually not work in all cases but the data will still be loaded correctly.
- BRAX DSP - Tone Control activation issues have been fixed
- BRAX DSP - Signal Management for BEC1 now shows correctly that input channels E & F can be configured as AUX input 1 instead of using a BEC card on slot 1
- BRAX DSP - if a new sound setup is created by using the “new”-button in the ACO setup menu, the FX functions will properly be resettet
- BRAX DSP - IO menu - the analog input signal section (left box) has been renamed to "main" input
- HELIX DSP MINI - max. adjustable time delay has been doubled (from 7.8 ms to 15.6 ms per channel)
- MATCH UP 7BMW - Signal Management Priorities between the AUX sources can now be configured properly
- MATCH UP 7BMW - an issue with the power supply regulation of the Class HD amplifier concept of the UP 7BMW could cause in some cases to not achieve its full output power. This update fixes the problem which will ensure that the UP 7BMW will always be able to achieve its full output power. Please note that it might be possible that in some cases the UP 7BMW will have nearly as double as much output power than before. Please make sure that you re-adjust your tuning file properly if this is the case.
- MATCH UP 7BMW & UP 7DSP - The digital optical output of the MEC modules can now be configured properly
- MATCH M 5DSP - An issue has been fixed were some Input EQ bands could set back other Input EQ bands
- MATCH PP 62DSP - Fixed an issue which could block the Global Priority function in the Signal Management tab
- A scaling issue of the GUI has been fixed for several resolutions
- A new mechanism has been implemented to further avoid any corruptions to active sound setups
- Fixed an issue which avoided to change the language in some regions
- DSP PC-Tool communication is now possible through a WIFI network by connecting the WIFI CONTROL device to any DSP
- WIFI/USB communication can be selected in the DSP PC-Tool launcher
- WIFI CONTROL can be configured as a 3rd remote control option in the DCM menu for ACO enabled products. If chosen as a remote control the WIFI CONTROL offers all common remote control functions of the DIRECTOR as a web application which is hosted directly on the WIFI CONTROL module. No internet connection is required.
- Several minor bug fixes and optimizations
- FX menu - A rare issue with the "Augmented Bass Processing" feature has been fixed.
- BRAX DSP has been implemented
The BRAX DSP has numerous new features and functions which have been added to the menus. Amongst others these are some of the new features:
- Input Signal Analyzer - This analyzer allows to measure the frequency response of each analog signal input. In addition it is possible to sum two or more signals in front of the analyzer and to change their summing ratio. This allows a much easier summing of active speaker level inputs as well as the detection of equalization and allpass filters on the highlevel inputs. All adjustments of the Input EQ are applied in advance of the signal analyzer which allows to verify the adjustments directly with the frequency response chart.
- Input EQ - The Input EQ has been changed to a channel separated Input EQ and it is now possible to configure each EQ band as a shelf-, allpass or parametric filter.
- BRAX DSP hardware configuration menu - This hardware overview page in the DCM menu shows all installed input and output modules of the BRAX DSP. In addition each module is listed with its device specific measurement values (THD and S/N ratio), serial number and allows to configure the hardware of each module individually.
- ACO features - This DCM menu allows to adjust several global hardware-specific configurations.
- FX menu - The BRAX DSP offers all new prorietary Audiotec Fischer DSP Algoritmen like the RealCenter, StageXpander, Augmented Bass Processing, ClarityXpander & co.
In addition the BRAX DSP features a unique, Brax DSP-only new algorythm called StageEQ which allows to equalize the monaural and stereophonic information of a stereo signal individually. We will publish more about this feature soon.
- The maximum time delay per channel has been extended to 30 ms.
- HELIX DSP MINI - big update for ACO firmware and DSP operating software
The DSP MINI got a big update which enables the compatibility to the DIRECTOR (with firmware 2.00) and new functions have been added like the new Input Signal Analyzer and the channel separated Input EQ (see explanation above).
Attention: This update will erase all configurations saved in the DSP. The configuration needs to be reloaded after the update.
- General optimizations and bug fixes:
- Allpass filters could now be used down to 100 Hz without any limitations of the Q-factor (0.5 - 15)
- Time - The mouse wheel can now correctly be used to change the slider for the time delay adjustment
- Two buttons beside the graph in the main window have been added (one only for high-res products) which can be used to extend the scale for gain and frequency.
- ACO products can now be automatically updated by the DSP PC-Tool. These devices allow an update of the DSP operating software and CoProcessor architekture.
- several small optimizations & bug fixes
- MATCH UP 7DSP has been implemented
- Several small optimizations and bug fixes
- HELIX DSP MINI has been implemented
- The new ACO CoProcessor platform has been implemented. This platform offers several new functions as well as a much faster connection. Thereby the connection between the computer and the DSP, the saving, loading and changing of sound setups as well as the complete update process of the device is getting much easier and faster than before. In addition each DSP which incorporates the new ACO platform is equipped with a new flash memory for storing up to 10 sound setups internally. Those sound setups can now be switched within milliseconds and editied without closing the software. In addition there are several new functions which can be found in the new "ACO Features" tab in the DCM menu.
- The FX-Menu, which will be available for all devices which incorporate the new ACO plattform, has been optimized for the universal use of our unique DSP algorythms to configure them more in detail.
- The Sound Setup Menu (click on the setup name) has been extended when connecting to an ACO device:
- Rename - renames the actuall selected sound setup
- Load - loads the selected sound setup
- New - creates a new sound setup in the selected sound setup memory with basic flat adjustments
- Copy - creates a copy of the actual loaded sound setup in the selected memory
- Delete - deletes the selected sound setup
- Main - a new function called "Notes" has been implemented which allows to store short comments about the actual sound setup. Those notes will be saved in the sound setup file (afpx) and as well as in the internal memory of the DSP. Therefore the number of characters of this function has been limited to 500 for now. You will find this function by clicking on the note symbol beside the sound setup name.
- MATCH UP 7BMW - an issue with the optical input has been fixed. Therefore an update of the DSP operating system will be necessary. Please save your DSP adjustments in advance on your laptop.
- Several small optimizations and bug fixes
- Fixed a bug in the new backend of software which caused issues with the 56-Bit DSP plattform (MATCH M 5DSP, MATCH PP 62DSP, HELIX DSP) on some computers. We are sorry for the issues and the short update cycle.
- MATCH UP 7BMW has been implemented
- New main menu button called FX has been implemented to configure the new DSP features of the UP 7BMW amplifier
- Augmented Bass Processing
Contains the "Dynamic Bass Enhancement" algorythm and the "SubXpander". The Dynamic Bass Enhancement extends and boosts the deep bass response depending on the listening volume and the music signal. The lower the listening volume and/or the low frequency proportion in the music signal is the more our algorythm is working to optimize the bass reproduction. The SubXpander is a separate function which adds subharmonic tones to the fundamental bass for an ultra-deep bass experience.
- Center Processing
Contains our proprietary "RealCenter" algorythm, which emphasizes the monaural information of the left and right stereo signal and dynamically processes and reproduce a center signal. As a result a unique staging for the driver and passender seat can be achieved at the same time. The ClarityXpander is a separate function which statically or dynamically improves the high ferquency response to create crisp and clear brightness on the center channel.
- Front Processing
Contains our proprietary "StageXpander" algorythm which enlarges the sound stage provided by the left and right side speakers to achieve a wider stereo panorama. The ClarityXpander is also available on these channels as a static function to create a crisp and clear brightness as well on the side speakers.
- IO - A bug in the Input EQ has been fixed which could cause issues when convertig an input EQ band into a shelving filter
- Several small optimizations concerning the freely skalable GUI have been done and a new backend has been integrated to support upcoming new DSP plattforms
- RTA - Minimum window height has been optimized to have the possibility to place the RTA window above the EQ sction also on small screens
- IO - A bug in the Optical Output Routing of the P SIX DSP has been fixed which allows now to route the DSP channels G & H to the optical output of a HEC module
- The AutoSet function of the RTA is now muting all non-active, non-linked channels automatically as intended
- A bug has been fixed which could cause issues when saving Sound Setups to the DIRECTORS memory
- The rename function for the DIRECTOR Sound Setups is now working properly again
- Several small optimizations and bug fixes
- This updates is only a software update. No DSP plattform will need an forced firmware update.
- Extended multi-language support - Finnish has been added to the language selection
- DCM - a new menu has been added for the DSP.2, the DSP PRO and the DSP PRO MK2 which allows to deaktivate the output limiter in the DSP signal path. The output limiter is used to protect the output stage against digital clipping (0 dB limiter). If the digital clipping protection is deactivated it is mandatory to make sure that the output level bar will never show up completely red at any listening volumes. If the output level bar lights up red digital clipping is detected which can cause damage to the connected speakers.
- The volume control behaviour of the URC remote control has been optimized - this update will only be applied if a factory reset / DSP update is done
- A bug has been fixed which could cause a software crash when products with a 15-Band EQ on specific channels were connected
- A bug has been fixed which caused an irregular behaviour of the polarity button if specific channel types were selected. The polarity buttons are now working correctly for all channel types.
- This updates is only a software update. No DSP plattform will need an forced firmware update.
- New configuration menu added to the launcher screen – accessible via the gearwheel symbol
- Extended multi-language support – German has been added to the selection, more languages will follow soon
- During the update process it is now possible to save the internal configuration files (afpx-files) before the update process is started. This function does also work if the configuration was done with an older software version of the DSP PC-Tool (V3 und V4). Each memory can be saved individually by pressing the “Save afpx 1” and “Save afpx 2” buttons at the Update dialog.
- Main – The high- and lowpass filter slope are now showing “off” instead of “0 dB/Oct.” to point out that the filter is deactivated.
- Main – The “Self-Define” filter characteristic now shows the correct filter slope of “-12 dB/Oct.”
- Main – The frequency graph is now placed again exactly above the 30-band equalizer to have a better visual assignment of the graph frequencies to the EQ-band frequencies. Unfortunately this change limits the frequency graphs maximum frequency to 20 kHz instead of 40 kHz for our high-res audio products. Nevertheless this is only a visual limitation and no technical limitation so the frequency response of the device is not affected and it is still possible to place parametric EQ-bands up to 40 kHz.
- DCM – All adjustments done under the „DSP PC-Tool configuration“ tab are now stored globally and have not to be configured for each sound setup individually
- DCM – The view and the names of the signal management tab have been optimized and direct links to the corresponding signal routing matrices have been added
- IO – A new box has been added which shows the actual signal management configurations for each signal routing matrix at the top right corner. In addition a gearwheel symbol has been added to jump directly to the signal management page
- Several Labels have been reworked and renamed
- The keyboard shortcut “r” has been added to the Main screen to import a “Room EQ Wizard” specific EQ coefficients file for the selected channel.
- If the DSP PC-Tool Version 4.20a is used with upcoming DIRECTOR Update V1.70 the second, device internal memory slot will be deactivated as long as the DIRECTOR is connected to the DSP. This is necessary to fully avoid incompatibilities during the saving and switching process to the second memory slot. As soon as the DIRECTOR is disconnected and the DSPs USB port is used the second memory slot is activated again. This change reduces the total usable memory slot in combination with the DIRECTOR to 21 instead of the primary 22 slots. The second memory slot will be skipped automatically in the upcoming DIRECTOR Update V1.70.
- Several small bugs have been eliminated, i.a. issues at the AKM DAC configuration for the DSP PRO MK2, time alignment adjustment errors for the HELIX DSP, signal management issues for the PP 62DSP, crashes while load a sound setup, window scaling issues at low screen resolutions, reduced processor loads, etc.
- The minimum window height has been fixed to allow a full screen view of the software on screens with a maximum vertical resolution of 768 pixels.
- HELIX P SIX DSP MK1 has been implemented
- MATCH PP 86DSP has been implemented
- Main mask – fixed an issue in the time alignment
- Setting memory path is stored
- Allpass > 500 Hz up to Q-factor = 15; Allpass < 500 Hz Q-factor = 2...1
- Phase link on channel with the same phase type
- HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 - fixed an issue in the Dynamic Headroom Management and Analog Input Delay
- HELIX V EIGHT DSP - fixed an issue in the Analog Input Delay
- HELIX DSP PRO - fixed an issue in the Analog Input Delay
- HELIX DSP PRO MK2 has been implemented
- Added support for the following devices: HELIX DSP PRO, P SIX DSP MK2, V EIGHT DSP
- Bypass Button (beside EQ) deactivates only the EQ and has no effect on time alignment any more
- DCM – Turn On and Off Delay have been added for HELIX DSP.2 and DSP PRO MK2
- Graph window has been optimized due to the scalability
- HELIX DSP PRO MK2 – Asahi Kasei Microdevices Sound Filter Options of the DA converter are now adjustable
- Several minor improvements of the usability and scalability
Please note: The support of further products will be added gradually. Each device has to be implemented and tested separately. As soon as all 64 Bit DSP devices have been implemented we will start to integrate the 56 Bit DSP platform as well.
- Completely new developed DSP PC-Tool with a huge feature upgrade.