BRAX GRAPHIC GL6
It all started with a vision of Heinz Fischer, a passionate music lover and Audiotec's founder, to transfer the sound experience of legendary high-end audio components into a car environment. No compromises in terms of design, technology and sound - following these principles our engineers focussed on exceptional sound quality and expanded the technological limits once again when they designed the new BRAX GRAPHIC speaker series. Outstanding components and unparalleled craftsmanship make the difference - of course solely made in Germany!
The unique "MicroSphere" coating is one of the the main reasons for the unrivaled sonic precision of the new 165 mm / 6.5" high-end mid-woofer GRAPHIC GL6. In a patented process micro ceramic hollow spheres with a diameter of 75 micron are being embedded in a polymer layer and applied to the cone. The coating ensures perfect inner damping without any negative impact on the moving mass. This innovative technology rather increases the stability of the hand-scooped cone, allowing better dynamics and higher sonic definition than ever before.
Of course all other details of the GL6 speakers strictly follow the BRAX philosophy without any exemption. It starts with the special shape of the rubber surround for long linear excursion whereas the new geometry of the dust-cap smoothens the response in the upper mid-frequency range. The 24-carat gold plated terminal provides for negligible contact resistances and the rock-solid aluminium diecast basket incorporates a powerful and precisely machined magnet system for highest flux linearity and excellent efficiency, carefully protected by a rigid cover with the BRAX logo.
Like all BRAX speakers each pair of mid-woofers has its own serial number, properly recorded in our data base. Needless to say that such valuable products will be delivered in a noble, wooden box emphasizing the approach and the philosophy of the BRAX brand.
- Very stiff lightweight paper cone with unique “MicroSphere” coating consisting of micro ceramic hollow spheres embedded in a polymer layer offers best possible impulse response without any sound colouration
- Special shaped rubber surround for long linear cone excursion
- The new, hemispherically shaped dustcap optimizes the frequency response in the upper midrange area
- Extremely rigid aluminum diecast basket
- 24 carat gold-plated screw terminals for lowest contact resistance
- Powerful and precisely machined magnet system for high efficiency in combination with excellent magnetic flux linearity
- Large pole-piece ventilation hole significantly reduces compression effects
- Rugged magnet cover with BRAX lettering for perfect magnet protection
|Power RMS / max.
|100 / 150 Watts
|40 Hz - 4,000 Hz
|Mechanical Q factor
|Electrical Q factor
|Total Q factor
|Equivalent air volume
|Efficiency 1 W / 1 m
|paper cone with “MicroSphere” coating consisting of micro ceramic hollow spheres embedded in a polymer layer
|Voice coil diameter
|Voice coil winding height
|Max. linear excursion
|+/- 4.0 mm
|166 mm / 6.5"
|142 mm / 5.6"
|68.2 mm / 2.7"
|Recommended enclosure volumes
|Lower limiting frequency (-3dB)
|60 mm / 2.4"
|19 cm / 7.5"
|Port tuning frequency
|Lower limiting frequency (-3dB)
Scope of delivery
2 x High-End Woofer BRAX GRAPHIC GL6
1 x Data sheet