Die MATCH FAQ
1. Does a MATCH sound system have to be installed by a specialist dealer?We always recommend having it installed by one of our authorized dealers. However, with the Plug & Play products, everything is designed for a simple installation that requires little or no special tools.
2. Will the original speakers in my vehicle be overloaded and possibly damaged by the more powerful amplifier of a MATCH Plug & Play sound system?In general, the load on the original speakers after installation of a MATCH sound system is even lower because, despite the higher maximum power of the amplifier, they no longer have to reproduce the low frequencies. This task is instead handed over to the subwoofer, which should not be missed out in any high-end audio system.
3. Can I easily remove a MATCH Plug & Play sound system when selling a vehicle or returning a leased vehicle?
In either of these two situations – it’s not only fast, but also done without leaving a trace. All electrical connections are connected using the standard connections of the vehicles wiring harness and thus, do not require any wires to be cut or irreversibly changed. In addition, no holes in any parts of the body or the interior fittings are required during installation, which means that no lavish disassemble is needed, just unplug it, and you are done.
4. Can I take a MATCH Plug & Play sound system to my next vehicle?That's no problem - you just need the vehicle-specific cable adapters for the new vehicle and then you can download the appropriate sound setup from our website and re-program the amplifier. If no vehicle-specific setup is available, you can use the DSP PC-Tool software to make the sound tuning yourself, and of course, you can always call us for more help
5. Do I have to connect a subwoofer to the MATCH Plug & Play amplifiers?No, not at all, it can work without a subwoofer, but, please be aware that when you use one of our car-specific setups for the amplifier, the bass will be weaker than with the original system. This is because we relieve the original speakers of the low frequencies and pass them to the subwoofer channels.
6. How do I set the sound controls of my car radio after installing a MATCH Plug & Play sound system?We generally tune our vehicle-specific setups in such a way that the optimum sound is achieved when all sound controls on the car radio are in the middle positions ("linear"). Of course, you can still use the tone controls to adapt to your own listening taste, but you should first select the linear position after installation, because in most cases, our sound setup for that vehicle has been tuned to perfection.
7. What if I replace the original radio of my vehicle later with a retrofit radio available from a specialist dealer?This will only result in a satisfactory sound in a very few cases without changing the sound setup in the Plug & Play amplifier. Car radios that are factory-installed usually include pre-programmed sound correction filters for the original speakers. However, an aftermarket radio available from a specialist dealer generally has a linear frequency response, so that the overall sound tuning no longer fits in the case of direct replacement. All is not lost, you can still make your own sound tuning via our DSP PC-Tool to regain the best results.
8. A suitable sound setup for my vehicle is not available - what can you do?All our DSP amplifiers offer the option of custom sound tuning using our easy-to-understand and intuitive DSP PC-Tool.
Anyone who does not understand this process can get in contact with the MATCH specialist dealer who can certainly take on this task for a fee.
9. Can I subsequently change a car-specific sound setup downloaded from the Audiotec-Fischer website using the DSP PC-Tool?This is not possible - we tune each vehicle so that the optimum sound is achieved with the existing speakers. In doing so, we create our sound setups to operate in the frequency responses to internationally recognized reference curves.
If you do not like the results, you can of course create your own sound setup file that is to your taste, via our easy-to-use DSP PC-Tool. In most cases, however, the existing in the car radio tone controls should be more than sufficient for bringing the sound in line with your personal listening taste.
10. Are the car-specific sound setups compatible even if you replace the original speakers with others?We advise against that, because most of the time this extra work results in a worse overall sound. The only exceptions are the MATCH subwoofers for under-seat mounting in BMW vehicles - these always result in an improved sound. Apart from that, it should be noted that in our setups, we not only compensate for the inadequacies of the vehicle acoustics, but also for the deficiencies of the existing loudspeakers too.
Nevertheless, do not worry - if you want to replace the speakers, just use the DSP in our amplifiers to create your own personal sound tuning via the user-friendly DSP PC-Tool software. This will ensure you get the very best sound from the newly installed speakers.