Press & awards
HELIX CB K165.2-S3
HELIX COMPOSE. The perfect speaker for any composition.
Born out of the increasingly demanding challenges of modern automobile technology and the HELIX-typical pursuit of intelligent solutions, we made the progressive redesign of proven universal speaker systems our mission. The result: our innovative HELIX COMPOSE platform that, according to the motto "developed inside the vehicle, for the vehicle", combines classic universal speakers with the advantages of vehicle-specific systems. Innovative materials and the latest technologies paired with smart, practical engineering - the best of both worlds in harmony: high efficiency, fantastic sound quality and enormous dynamics that fit in any vehicle. HELIX COMPOSE – universal speakers evolved.
The essentials for an exceptional sound experience
You might have already guessed from the name: our BASIC component systems are the perfect introduction to the world of HELIX COMPOSE, providing all the essentials for an exceptional sound experience in your vehicle. All components harmonize perfectly and form an ideal team with our HELIX and MATCH amplifiers, guaranteeing maximum performance and power output at all times. Furthermore, we implemented particularly smart mechanical technologies, with a clear focus on safety during connection, in our BASIC tweeter, creating ideal conditions for a professional integration.
HELIX COMPOSE equals smart engineering and accordingly implements highly efficient 3 Ohm technology, that perfectly harmonizes with all HELIX and MATCH amplifiers and at the same time allows a clearly perceptible plus in efficiency and maximum sound pressure. Certain models will also be available as an optional 2 Ohm variants, assuring the absolute maximum performance and power of the respective speaker in combination with the appropriate amplifier.
Powerful bass – always on point
In the BASIC series, our COMPOSE bass-midrange driver combines high efficiency with excellent sound quality. The lightweight but stable polypropylene diaphragm provides exceptional sound performance while the sturdy basket is equipped with additional ventilation holes for optimized cooling. A powerful magnet system provides ideal impulse response and the soft polyurethane dustcap guarantees optimized frequency response in the upper midrange. Last but not least, the compact design is ideally suited for integrations in cramped spaces.
High frequency reproduction with unique dynamics
Of course, when entering the sound world of HELIX COMPOSE, precise highs are a must for an all-around exciting music experience. Accordingly, our BASIC tweeter uses a coated silk dome as well as a highly efficient neodymium magnet – the result: unique dynamics in the high-frequency reproduction and crystal-clear sound.
The crossover is equipped with a 4-stage tweeter level adjustment with 12 dB slope for optimal adaptation to the installation position as well as an integrated tweeter protection. Beyond that, the extensive tuning of the crossover ensures the best possible distribution of the frequency band and a harmonious sound image. Thanks to its compact design, the crossover is perfectly suited for installation in tight spaces.
FlexMount20 – Universal meets car-specific
FlexMount is a mounting system based on specially developed adaptor rings, allowing the installation of COMPOSE FlexMount speakers in an almost infinite number of vehicles. Thus, the universal tweeter effortlessly becomes a vehicle-specific tweeter, that can be easily installed in the original installation position of the vehicle in an acoustically optimized way with the matching FlexMount20 adaptor ring.
- 2-way speaker kit which combines high efficiency with exceptional sound performance
- 3 Ohms technology for maximized power output of the amplifier
- Compact design for trouble-free installation even in cramped conditions
- 0.75” / 20 mm tweeter with silk dome for brilliant and clear treble response
- Very efficient neodymium magnet for high magnetic flux linearity
- Compact design and various mounting options for numerous installation demands
- Mounting pods for flush mount and angle mount included in delivery
- Designed for the optionally available car-specific FlexMount20 adaptors which allow an acoustically optimized and professional integration in the original mounting locations of the vehicle
- 6.5” / 165 mm midbass with lightweight polypropylene cone which provides essential stiffness for exceptional sound performance
- Sturdy steel basket with additional ventilation holes for better voice coil cooling and high power handling
- Powerful magnet system for optimum impulse control
- Polyurethane dustcap for optimized frequency response in the upper midrange area
- Separate, high quality crossover with compact dimensions for easy integration
- 4-stage tweeter level adjustment with integrated tweeter protection for optimized treble adaptation to mounting position
- Extensively fine-tuned – with 12 dB slope for tweeter
|Power handling RMS / Max.||P||80 / 120 Watts|
|Frequency response||60 Hz - 22,000 Hz|
|Sensitivity||SPL||92 dB @ 2.83V / 1m
88 dB @ 1W / 1m
Tweeter: 32.0 mm / 1.26”
Tweeter: 32.0 mm / 1.26”
Tweeter: 9.8 mm / 0.39”
103.3 x 50.4 x 25.0 mm /
|DC resistance||Re||3.0 Ω|
|Resonance frequency||Fs||62 Hz|
|Mechanical Q factor||Qms||4.50|
|Electrical Q factor||Qes||0.90|
|Total Q factor||Qts||0.75|
|Equivalent air volume||Vas||14.5 L|
|Force factor||B*l||4.1 Tm|
|Cone area||Sd||141 cm2|
|Moving mass||Mms||13.2 g|
|Mechanical resistance||Rms||1.10 kg/s|
|Voice coil diameter||ø||25 mm|
Voice coil winding height
|Max. linear excursion||Xmax||+/- 2.5 mm|
|Resonance frequency||Fs||2000 Hz|
|Voice coil diameter||ø||20 mm|
Ultra compact, silk dome, neodymium magnet and FlexMount20
Injected polypropylene cone
Tweeter: 12 dB highpass, protection and level adjustment
Scope of delivery
2 x Tweeter CB T20FM-S
2 x Midbass CB W165-S3
2 x Crossover CB FX165.2
2 x Tweeter mounting accessories
1 x Mounting material