Schmallenberg, August 2020 – Already for the sixth time, a product from Audiotec Fischer wins an EISA award in the category “In-Car Sound Processor”. With the HELIX DSP ULTRA, the company proves once again that this success is not a coincidence. But rather, it is the result of more than 10 years of intensive research and development in the field of digital signal processing.
With the DSP ULTRA, Audiotec Fischer presents an extremely powerful and future-oriented DSP platform that offers new and innovative functions such as "Virtual Channel Processing" or "Automatic Time Measurement". In addition to the permanently expanding range of software functions, Audiotec Fischer also focuses on the continuous improvement of sound quality.
The DSP ULTRA also excels in terms of sound quality with numerous detail improvements and therefore lives up to its name in all respects.
The EISA members justified the awarding as follows:
Designed for premium installations, the flagship model in HELIX’s DSP series is all about potent processing power and total control. A dual 64-bit DSP architecture capable of 2.4 billion calculations per second – in conjunction with Asahi Kasei 32-bit ADC and DAC devices – handles incoming signals from the HELIX DSP ULTRA’s analogue and optical/ coaxial digital inputs, and feeding a 12-channel output. Joining this supremely powerful hardware is a complete software package that allows the user to tailor the signal to their needs, with customisable electronic crossover, time alignment and equaliser functions, plus DSP modes to expand the soundstage, boost music clarity and implement HELIX’s innovative Virtual Channel Processing.
The Audiotec Fischer Team is very proud and sees the new award as a further motivation to create innovative high-end products for ambitious music lovers.
Key features HELIX DSP ULTRA:
- TwinDSP Power – two extremely powerful “fixed point” Audio DSPs with 64 Bit resolution and 2.4 billion MAC operations per second
- State-of-the art 32 Bit AD and DA signal converters from AKM
- Virtual Channel Processing (VCP) allows even more flexible configuration for highly complex sound systems
- ACO – Advanced 32 Bit CoProcessor platform for numerous new system an DSP features like:
- ISA (Input Signal Analyzer) and InputEQ for easy analysis and compensation of input signals
- SFX (DSP Sound Effects) – Augmented Bass Processing, StageXpander, RealCenter & Co.
- 10 internal memory locations for sound setups
- HELIX Extension Card slot (HEC) for additional input / output modules like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB etc.
- Smart 8-channel Highlevel input with ADEP.3 circuit
- Start-Stop capability down to 6V supply voltage
- “Ground lift” switch to avoid ground loops
- Control input for connecting remote controls and accessories
- Time alignment with up to 20 ms delay time per channel, additionally reverse time alignment for in-phase summation of the inputs
- Freely definable signal routing with separate matrices for line, SPDIF and HEC/AUX
- Inputs: 8 x RCA/Cinch, 8 x Highlevel, 1 x optical SPDIF and 1 x coaxial SPDIF
- Outputs: 12 x RCA/Cinch with max. 8 Volts output voltage
Further information about the signal processor: HELIX DSP ULTRA