The European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) again awarded an Audiotec Fischer product with its renowned EISA award. The digital 64 Bit signal processor HELIX DSP.2 received the “IN-CAR ELECTRONICS” award in the category “IN-CAR PROCESSOR 2017 – 2018”.
Key features DSP.2:
- Extremely powerful “fixed point” Audio DSP with 64 Bit resolution and 1.2 billion MAC operations per second
- HELIX Extension Card slot (HEC) for additional input / output modules like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB etc.
- Smart highlevel input with ADEP circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection)
- Start-Stop capability down to 6V supply voltage
- Freely definable signal routing with separate matrices for line, SPDIF and HEC/AUX
- Time alignment with up to 20 ms delay time per channel, additionally reverse time alignment for in-phase summation of the inputs
- Optimized signal path and power supply for further improved sound quality
- “Ground lift” switch to avoid ground loops
- Control input for connecting remote controls and accessories
- Inputs: 6 x RCA/Cinch, 6 x Highlevel and 1 x optical SPDIF
- Outputs: 8 x RCA/Cinch with max. 6 Volts output voltage
- Easy configuration thanks to the professional and user-friendly DSP PC-Tool Version 4 software
Award citation from EISA jury:
Beating at the heart of this processor, Helix’s latest core boasts a cutting-edge 32-bit audio DSP with breath-taking processing power. The result is a beast that’s capable of controlling an eight-channel system without breaking into a sweat, while its wide input voltage range ensures excellent flexibility for integration into even the most complex of OEM systems. But the fun doesn’t stop there, for the DSP.2 also accommodates optional extension cards supporting Bluetooth audio, hi-res music streaming via USB and real-time frequency analysis with an external microphone.