Original factory sound systems typically have a significant disadvantage – they don’t offer any preamplifier output for driving additional amplifiers.
Here’s where the new HELIX AAC comes into play as it generates a perfectly conditioned preamplifier signal from a speaker output signal of an arbitrary car radio or amplifier.
The new AAC is more intelligent than any other signal converter on the market today.
Its “Double Activation Circuit“ creates a remote signal for controlling external amplifiers in two different manners.
Either it detects the DC offset on the speaker output of typical factory radios or uses an integrated signal detection circuit with variable input sensitivity that can be activated additionally.
The unique „Power Save Mode“ will automatically turn off the „remote-out“, if no input signal is present for more than 2 minutes.
Keep in mind that many cars equipped with “CAN” or similar bus systems leave the car radio “invisibly” turned on for up to 45 min. even if you already have left and locked the vehicle meanwhile. Without the “Power Save Mode“ the amplifiers connected to the AAC would discharge the battery needlessly.
Another exclusive HELIX feature is the new “Diagnostics Error Protection“ circuit which avoids undesired error messages in CPU of your car after the connection between car radio and OE speakers has been separated. This circuit is well designed to even circumvent the "tweeter detection" of today’s factory radios.
- Suitable for all car radios - a perfect match for upgrading factory sound systems (even those with factory-installed amps)
- Generates a stereo preamplifier signal from the speaker output signal of a car radio or amplifier
- "Double Activation Circuit" - generates a +12V remote signal in two different ways to turn on connected amplifiers
- Excellent sound quality thanks to very wide frequency response (18Hz - 22 kHz)
- "Power Save Mode" significantly reduces the power consumption of connected amplifiers when no input signal is present
- "Diagnostics Error Protection" circuit avoids undesired messages error messages in the CPU of your car
- Low standby current consumption
- Extremely compact and therefore easy to install
- Maximum reliability thanks to top-notch SMD manufacturing technology
|Maximum speaker input level
|Maximum output level
||18 Hz - 22,000 Hz|
|Total harmonic distortion (THD)
||30 Ohm (complex load)|
|Standby current for remote output
|Maximum current for remote output
(H x W x D)
77 x 37 x 20 mm
3.03 x 1.46 x 0.79 "